Why Should My Enterprise Provide Mobile Business Intelligence (BI) Tools to Business Users?
Many businesses are beginning to see and leverage the value of business intelligence and augmented analytics within the organization to engender data democratization, improve data literacy and collaboration and improve results. In a competitive global and local business environment, this move toward analytics for all is a positive thing.
If your business is considering BI tools or augmented analytics, or if you have already implemented these tools within the enterprise, there is one more question to answer.
Does your organization provide Mobile BI to its business users? If it does not, you are missing out on a crucial opportunity and a critical business advantage.
‘Mobile augmented analytics can benefit your business users and help to transform them into Citizen Data Scientists.’
When considering a Mobile BI app, it is important to verify ease of access and availability of data on the road and anywhere your team may be working, and to ensure that your team has tools that are easy-to-use and will enable user adoption.
If you select the right mobile business intelligence (BI) app, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- A native app, with seamless user interface for a great user experience (Ux). Available for iOS and Android
- Extends the office environment. Allows swift analysis and decisions from anywhere
- Encourages user adoption and provides support for BI investments and data democratization
- Access rights are defined on the server so security and privacy is ensured at all levels
- Supported by a server that is hosted anywhere within IT infrastructure –on premises, public or private cloud
- Business Users will have access to dashboards, reports, Clickless Analytics – Google-type Natural Language Processing (NLP) Search functionality
- Start-up is easy, within a few minutes and support is readily available
The right Mobile BI App should include the following components and features:
- Provide access to Dashboards, Graphs, KPIs, PDF reports, and Clickless Analytics – NLP Search – all from within the mobile app.
- Users login with an enterprise login, browse and search objects, and access objects for interactive analysis with access to ‘my favorites’ for quick navigation, i.e., objects marked as favorites, and recently used objects.
- Download Smarten objects via PDF, XLS, and other file formats and share via WhatsApp, email or other sharing app loaded on their device.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) search, where users can query a dataset with a Google-type interface where a user can compose a question using natural English language and receive answers using visualization that provides the best-fit for the user inquiry. With natural language-processing-based search capability, users do not need to scroll through menus and navigation. Enter a search query in natural language and the system will translate the query, and return the results in natural language in an appropriate form, such as visualization, tables, numbers or descriptions.
- No requirement to redesign or customize dashboards and reports to accommodate a mobile device. Dashboards and Reports are displayed and optimized for the best user experience on the mobile device.
- Licensing fees are affordable and implementation is easy and fast.
‘When considering a Mobile BI app, it is important to verify ease of access and availability of data on the road and anywhere your team may be working, and to ensure that your team has tools that are easy-to-use and will enable user adoption.’
Find out how Mobile BI and mobile augmented analytics can benefit your business users and help to transform them into Citizen Data Scientists, and how it can provide an advantage to your data scientists, business analysts and IT team members.