The Right Mobile BI Solution Can Improve User Adoption and Enterprise Results!
If your enterprise has recently adopted business intelligence and augmented analytics, but you are finding it difficult to get your users to engage with analytics and use the solution available to them, you may wish to consider adding Mobile BI to the equation. Today’s business teams are out of the office as much (if not more) than they are IN the office and mobile access is key to user adoption of apps and solutions.
‘When you consider a mobile BI solution for your business, be sure to factor in all of the critical usability and technology issues.’
According to a recent survey, 54% of enterprises said that mobile access to business intelligence was key to successful analytics initiatives.
Here are just a few of the reasons Mobile BI will benefit the organization:
- Users can access information while working remotely, in a client office, visiting a supplier, at the airport or in a hotel. When users have real-time access to information, they can make better decisions and collaborate and share data, so your organization is more agile.
- Users are more likely to embrace solutions that fit with their style of working and the demands of their role. If they can quickly review and analyze results in a staff meeting using a mobile device, or clarify an issue with a client while on the road, the analytics solution is more likely to serve their needs and make their job easier, so it is more likely that the user will embrace the application.
- The organization will improve productivity, data literacy and data democratization and team members will add more value to the business.
- Mobile access to tools aligns with what business users expect from technology. Remember that every business users is also a consumer and they are used to having information at their fingertips. If you can provide access to business intelligence on a mobile device, you are likely to improve employee satisfaction and decrease user frustration.
‘If you are finding it difficult to get your users to engage with analytics and use the solution available to them, you may wish to consider adding Mobile BI to the equation.’
When you consider a mobile BI solution for your business, be sure to factor in all of the critical usability and technology issues including:
- Compare features and functionality to your requirements to meet your needs for technology landscape, ease of integration, and user needs.
- Ensure that the mobile BI solution is adequately secured and provides multi-layer user access controls.
- Assess the compatibility with mobile devices, i.e., Android, iOS, tablets, iPad, etc.
- Perform a thorough review of the vendor and its stability, and be sure you understand support and maintenance procedures and processes.
- Consider integration of the mobile BI app with any other software or hardware integration points you will need.
- Check on training and support for the mobile BI solution to be sure your users have the support they need.
If you want to support your Citizen Data Scientists and every member of your business user team, explore Smarten Mobile Augmented Analytics And Mobile BI. Add powerful functionality and access for your business users with out-of-the-box Mobile BI and advanced analytics for every team member. For more information on Mobile BI and Augmented Analytics, read our article, ‘Understanding The Truth About Mobile BI.’