A recent survey found that 93% of application teams report improvement in user experience as a result of embedded analytics, and 94% of teams report improved customer satisfaction with embedded analytics. The concept of embedded BI is simple. By leveraging APIs, the augmented analytics solution is embedded within familiar enterprise apps and made available to users via single sign-on so that the user can access favorite software solutions and applications to perform tasks and use the data contained there to analyze data and make decisions.
‘Users can access familiar business applications while enjoying the capabilities and opportunities provided by augmented analytics – all within a single sign-on environment.’
There are many benefits to Embedded BI approach including:
- World-Class Data Architecture provides access to a wealth of data sources and data warehouses, and accommodates business application architecture with single-tenant mode or multi-tenant modes.
- Flexible Deployment via public or private cloud, or enterprise on-premises hardware. Deploy anywhere! There are no environmental dependencies.
- Simple Tenant Management to deploy with a shared data model for single-tenant mode or choose an isolated data model for multi-tenant mode and SaaS applications. The business can create common data models and BI object templates to publish across tenants with just a single click.
- Single Sign-On Access (SSO) for access to Smarten analytics, using the same login credentials as those employed to access the business application. Businesses will have the confidence of leveraging existing security protocols including OAuth2, OpenID and other custom SSO authentications. Enterprise developers can implement custom SSO authentication using AD or Open LDAP to link with existing portals or applications.
- Access to Embedded BI Objects from Within Your Application with easy to use, scalable Integration API. Integrate objects (Dashboards, Crosstab, Tabular, KPIs, Graphs, Reports, Clickless Analytics and more) into your business application with minimal efforts – in just a few hours.
- Comprehensive Administration APIs to manage object access rights, user access rights and perform configuration and administration tasks within a single-tenant or multi-tenant environment.
- SDKs Designed to Support Your Frameworks and Technology including .NET, ASP.NET, PHP, MVC, .NET Core, Vue, Angular, React, Java and more! Tuned for all major frameworks, so your business can embed BI objects into enterprise Web or Mobile Apps. You can also work directly with data using web services in web applications or mobile apps.
Today’s business leaders have recognized the need for augmented analytics and data democratization and want to use augmented analytics to improve data literacy and the quality of decisions across the enterprise. But it isn’t always easy to get business users to embrace and adopt new solutions. Even if these solutions are easy to use, the need to learn and use a new, separate system to get information can put off even the most dedicated user. But, when users can follow the usual business processes to complete tasks, and access familiar business applications while enjoying the capabilities and opportunities provided by augmented analytics – all within a single sign-on environment, it is easier to encourage user adoption and to gain advantages, improve return on investment (ROI) and improve Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
‘By leveraging APIs, the augmented analytics solution is embedded within familiar enterprise apps and made available to users to perform tasks and use the data contained there to analyze data and make decisions.’
Find out more about Embedded BI And Analytics and how it can help your business succeed and improve user adoption and data literacy. Discover the benefits of the Augmented Analytics approach to advanced analytics.